Sunday, November 8, 2009

First Novel Update: November 8th

Ironically it seems that my weekend sees a drop in word count. We took my daughter out college touring yesterday so we spent most of our time on the road; combined yesterday and today, I added 925 words to the first draft of the manuscript.

That brought the total up to 73,102 words as of tonight.


I'm tired and at the moment want to start unwinding before facing the next workday. I need to get to bed and I keep coughing like something is stuck in my throat. Annoying!

I have read more and more material about what it's like to try to transition into a career in writing. It's not a pleasant picture; I'll probably blog more thoughts and discovery as time goes on, and a progress update on the state of the novel isn't the right place to put such things, right?

Anyway...weekend = lower word count, but I still made headway. That's what's important. Butt in seat. Fingers on keyboard. Words on...screen...

No comments:

Post a Comment