Thursday, June 11, 2009

Writing Contest on The Writing Show!

If you're an author or wanna-be author or just enjoy banging out short stories there is a contest for you to discover at The Writing Show's website. It's a Halloween short story contest. Details can be found from The Writing Show's news column on the index page. There's no fee to enter, the story must be 5000 words or less, and you can potentially win $75. What's there to lose other than your time?

I have often thought about trying my hand at writing and have found that it's a bit of a phobia of mine...confirmation of failure. I've written one short selection for a local writing group that was published in their anthology but all things considered I'm not sure it gave much more cred than the technical right to say I was published. I don't think I have a copy of it anymore, though; my fuzzy memory tells me I gifted it to my mother. It made her proud so it was worth it to me.

Anyway, check out the contest. The Writing Show is a podcast by Paula B. (who, like Mur Lafferty, is usually quite responsive to feedback from her listeners) one different aspects of the writing profession and has tips and hints and general information and interviews giving listeners information that spans multiple genres of books and writing styles. She also offers consultation services for editing and writing. More info is at the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment