Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Writing Show Contest Update 4

I worked a bit on the story again today. We actually spent some time at the park for a Father's Day picnic lunch, and while there I managed to add a few more words. I also worked on it while at my parents for a Father's Day dinner and a few more words when I could sneak them in.

Turns out I was wrong, it is very possible in spare time to fill in five thousand words over four days. I am currently at 4200 words. That isn't to say I'm keeping all those words, though. A lot of it will no doubt need to be trimmed. I just introduced the conflict in the story and next will come a bit of the twist. Then it'll need some major heavy-handed editing.

At this rate I may not make it in time for my Monday-night deadline, but I might be somewhat close. So instead of submitting it by Monday I may need to send it Tuesday or even Wednesday (although my family is planning an outing to see Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen that night...).

So now it's nearly nineteen pages. It's slowly shaping up.

No comments:

Post a Comment