Sunday, July 19, 2009

Another Writing Show Update About the Second Entry!

I thought adding an exclamation point would make it seem more exciting. Compared to just a period, I think it does make it seem a little more interesting. For what it's worth, anyway.

I went through my previous updates for my second entry to the Halloween Writing Show contest and saw that I actually forced myself to do a little math by adding my 444 words to my first word count, so if I am right I started this weekend with 1,706 words and hoped to add a "significant" number to that.

My current word count is 2,971, working by stealing a few moments from trying to get some things done around the house and exercise fun. That means that I added 1,265 words. All the previous caveats about cutting huge amounts of crapola out of the draft still applies, but I'm hoping that I'm actually into the part that might be somewhat interesting now.

Or maybe I'm completely offtrack there. I don't know how to tell if the story is any good...my current plan is to just keep forging ahead for now and if it works, it works, and if not, then I'll try again if there's time for a second entry. If I'm lucky I'll have something with this one that can be at least reshaped a bit so it might be a contender. I figure the important thing is that I'm trying...

No comments:

Post a Comment