Thursday, July 16, 2009

Update on Second Entry to Writing Show

I didn't get much added yesterday to the story, but I did get a small bit more done tonight; I compared the word count to the last blog update and found that I added 444 words. Not great, but some progress.

It just wasn't a good day for accomplishing so much. I got out of work, picked up my daughter from work, went to the gym, went home and took a bath (my first since the surgery!) and then my parents came for dinner at our house; after that I was up paying bills, which in itself was both depressing and a little nerve wracking after a snafu with paying occurred that will only get sorted out tomorrow morning when the bank re-opens the office. After the bank account was officially nearly depleted...I have roughly thirty dollars to last me the next two weeks...but the bills are more or less paid as far as I can tell...I tried to work on the story.

Probably not the best conditions under which to concentrate on the story-writing bit.

But hey, we all have off days, right? My goal was to get this story sent off before the end of July, which means I still have two weeks to get this completed (and possibly edited).

Tomorrow looks like it will also be a busy day so I don't know if I'll get more done with writing, but I will most likely have time this weekend to get significant progress in. At least that's the plan.

Four hundred forty four words. Not great, but it was something. Hopefully by the end of the weekend I'll have finally dug into a portion of the story that I can use as an anchor for the submission (as I mentioned previously the beginning will most likely be cut out because it just seems too slow for an opening bit to the story but I was continuing through it to find where, organically, the story will find its traction. Hopefully).

It's getting late, I'm going to work tomorrow...time to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment