Saturday, August 22, 2009

Final Writing Show Authoring Update...

The second entry has been sent in! A third round of minor edits was performed, converted it to PDF, and then mailed it off with the contact info and disclaimer. I even remembered this time to give it a tentative title on the stop of the first page before emailing it this time (insert a little grin here)

I'll refrain from commenting on my own sizing up of the work here. I remember Mur saying in one of her I Should Be Writing podcasts that authors shouldn't downplay their work to the people they're pitching it to...basically any potential audience...so I'll just reserve my own judgement here and let others decide.

Again I already think that I did well just in starting the story, writing it, and managing to send it in. I even did this twice! I completed the tasks and thus achieved my goals. I don't need to actually win the contest (although it would be nice, don't get me wrong) because my goal was to submit something respectable as an entry in the first place, to see this through to the end. I did that. I even got it in before the deadline of the 31st!

Now all I can do is wait and see if I get some confirmation that Paula B. received the entry.

Whether in the end the story...well, stories...are good or bad, I gained some experience. I'm happy with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment