Monday, August 10, 2009

Scheduling Blog Entries

You know one of the neat things about Blogger?

Most people probably don't take advantage of it. But I have been. I've been trying to make it a goal to improve some writing skills by writing enough material to fit at least one entry a day. So far I've been pretty good at keeping up with that.

Turns out there's a place at the bottom of your Blogger posting window called "post options. " If you click it, you can allow or disallow comments and backlinks for the particular post, but you can also change the post date and time.

Neat! I can back date stuff!

But I haven't. What I discovered was that it was a simple way to post things in the future.

I know, bloggers probably already knew it. But what it allowed me to do was queue up several entries in a row...if I have enough time to get three or four things off my chest and they're not time dependent, like my "writing show updates" I had been posting, I can set things to appear several days in advance. You don't know when this posting was being written because I just set it up to come into the lists days from now; that way if something happens I still have material appearing, keeping me up to date with my goal of at least one post per day.

Neat, huh?

Well, maybe not for most people, but I'm finding it useful for my purposes. I did tell my wife it'll be weird for her if something happened to me...accident, heart attack, who knows?...and still my posts are appearing one at a time for the next several days. Depending on how far ahead I get she may get material trickling in for a month or more.

That could be a little creepy, I suppose...

No comments:

Post a Comment