Monday, August 3, 2009

Second Writing Show Entry, Second Try

I have been working for awhile on a second story entry for The Writing Show, and all the while it was slowly morphing into a substory from another, longer story idea I had been playing with.

In the end I didn't think it really fit into the whole Halloween storyline theme thing.

I knew I could chop out a large portion to fix the length issue (it was way over the 5000 word limit and not done yet!). I was pondering what to do while wandering through a Walmart to pick up some prescriptions when inspiration struck.

Unfortunately it does mean I scrapped trying to enter the other one. I'm now 425 words into a new story. With some luck and perseverance, I will have this one done fairly soon and can see if my wife will help me with the editing.

I've had a lot to cram into a night...a family picnic, rebuilding an old computer for my in-laws...twice, since as SOON as I installed Windows and tried updating it with antivirus and an updated web browser, the @#$% hard disk died, so now I'm re-reinstalling everything on another drive. As you can tell this is taking some time and I'm getting rather wonky in the head. Perfect time to have worked on my new story.

Anyway, I made some progress and I'm optimistic about it. Hopefully we'll see more posts about progress appearing here!

No comments:

Post a Comment