Monday, August 10, 2009

Writing Show Entry Two Update

I haven't posted for awhile about the story...shame on me...

The truth is that I've been on a trip out of state for a few days so I've been a little busy as of late. The blog has been running largely on autopilot, so there may be some posted comments that I haven't replied to. I simply didn't set aside time to do it. As I type this it's 12:26 in the morning and I'm going to be heading home soon after we all get around in the morning...

Anyway, I did take some time to work on the story over the past few days. My previous update had me at 798 words. My current word count is just a couple words short of 2500. For something I'm cramming into an hour or so at night before bed I don't think that's too shabby!

Anyway, the story is progressing. I am hoping to get it finished over the next few days and then it'll get edited and hopefully in with a bit of lead time for Paula B. to review.

I'm not thinking this will be a masterpiece by any measure but my primary goal is to get experience and writing something, so simply completing it and getting it turned in for review will be enough for me to count it as a victory. I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be able to get some feedback on the story, some suggestions and such would be great. But that's not a guarantee with this contest. It's also a no-fee for entry contest so I wouldn't be surprised if there's simply limited time and resources for offering such feedback. That would just be icing on the cake; no hard feelings or disappointment if it doesn't happen. But that doesn't keep from having the hope of getting such feedback from tickling the back of my mind.

It's late, I'm supposed to finish packing up in the morning and then a long long ride home followed by trying to catch up on a lot of backlogged items (like getting to the gym!) before heading back to work. So good night everyone. Tune in later for yet another posting to appear from yours truly...

No comments:

Post a Comment